What is your biggest addiction?

Monday, February 27, 2012

A Starting Point

Hello, my name is Hannah, and I am an addict.
My obsessions vary from harmless, to bizarre, and some, like my diet coke addiction, are unhealthy. I hate the feeling that I'm not in control of my cravings/impulses and when I feel myself doing something complusively I set out to kick it before it gets too serious.
I've been addicted to flossing, exercising, apps on my iPhone, facebook and a variety of other things. But I have more addictions to food then anything else by far.
Right now I'm obsessing about pistachios, sugar free red bull, peanut butter, and chocolate. But my biggest concern is kicking my diet soda addiction. It has been a 10+ year struggle, and truthfully, I think that a glass now and then is okay. But right now I've been noticing I'm craving it all the time and have started replaced it with almost all other beverages that I drink, including water. Drinking it makes me want fattening food and feel hungry and out of control of my eating. Not to mention all the studies about the toll it can take on your body. The chemicals and additives in diet sodas have been linked to headaches and migraines which I suffer from almost daily. I have more then enough reason to try to kick this once and for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment